Bacne to buttne, the cause and dermatologically approved treatment
The whiteheads, cystic spot eruptions and blackheads aren’t contained to your face, they can occur on your backside and can leave spots that are hard to get rid of.
What is the cause?
There are a range of reasons that you might be suffering from acne on your back,
- Build-up of oils and dead skin cells in and around pores is the most common reason. The pores can become clogged and attract bacteria.
- Hormonal changes, specially when puberty kicks in.
- Hormonal disorders like polycystic ovarian syndrome are prone to acne
- Poor hygiene and certain cloth types can cause irritation leading to such skin condition.
- Hair removal methods like waxing
- Hair products transported from your hair to body, if not washed from the body
What is the solution?
Specific areas like back, chest and butt have elevated quantities of sebum glands, hence there are more chances of developing acne.
- Change your scented ultra-creamy body wash and switch to something that contains salicylic acid, glycolic acid and lactic acid.
- Shower immediately after workout to eliminate chances of any bacterial infection, the sweat and heat aggravates acne.
- Hair shampoos and other product residue clogs the pores on back so and extra wash is important after using the products.
- Gentle scrubbing before your shower can give the needed exfoliation.
- Apply moisturiser to soothe and repair your skin barrier, do not skip moisturising as it acts as a protective layer. Choose non comedogenic, hypoallergic, silky, ultra-light, fragrance free solution.
- Do not pick, squeeze, or scratch your spots, this can lead to infection and scarring.
- Visit a dermatologist if your breakouts do not stop, your skin needs prescription treatment.
Wear breathable material, cleanse with appropriate pH, do not sunbathe and look for hydrating products formulated without heavy soaps or fragrances to keep your skin happy.